5.6.13

graduated + life update.


I don't really know how to start off this post.

It's been two months since I've written here on my blog.

Since then, a lot has changed, to be honest.

The most important of all being that I graduated high school last weekend.

It was a lovely day and I was so blessed by the 60 people who attended my graduation and party. God sure has given me some seriously awesome friends.

I also discovered I am gluten intolerant. I would like to be tested for celiac's disease but I'm terrified that the results will come back positive. 

For the past year and a half I've been having a lot of celiac's/gluten intolerance symptoms, and within two weeks of removing gluten from my diet most of them had gone away. Two weeks ago I accidentally ate some non GF peanut butter cookie dough - and within 20 minutes I was lightheaded and tired - sure signs of sensitivity/allergy.

On the lighter side though...

The movie I've been waiting for a year to come out finally came out and I saw it. It was perfection. Gatsby. Y'all. See it. Now. 

It kinda snowed in April. Typical NorCal weather...still made me irritated.


I shattered my phone screen and had to pay to replace it because it killed my phone's ability to function for more than an hour. Lame.

My brother's lacrosse team continued their undefeated streak all the way til Championships...and won their game 19-4. Proud sister.

I launched a photography endeavor. We'll see if we can call it a business by August. Cross your fingers, y'all.

I took up running. And then got sick for 4 weeks and haven't ran in 3. This week I'm getting back at it. Finally.


I became addicted to my aviator sunglasses. GAH.

We got chickens - 6 of them to start. Somehow, however, we also got a dozen eggs - mis-communication on my parents' end. The eggs incubated, and five of them hatched. Three on their own, and the other two I hatched in my hand after 12 hours of struggle - one died that night, but oh my word they were precious. It's amazing to watch life come into this world, as minuscule as a chick may be.
5 of our [now] 9 chickens - a dog cruelly ran off with one while we had our backs turned. but man, does our zoey love them! 

Ethel- my own personal chick. She has double lashes on her eyes. presh.

We went to the ocean for a few days. I was hoping to fish, but because I was so sick (like, 2-hours-of-sleep-you're-coughing-so-much kind of sick) I didn't get to. The view was nice though.

Oh, and we finished our back yard! it's glorious. Grass and a firepit and oh my lanta I'm in love.

There's more to tell, but honestly, I'd rather skip all that and just start now.

Because I plan on being diligent from now on and posting about life and such. 

Roll your eyes, please. Because I'm rolling mine too.

So, here's to trying to blog, again, and my future...of who knows what. 

[grad pictures to come soon - none of my family took/posted any on social media - how strange, I know, but I'll have some soon]

xoxo,
Ruthanne 

p.s.
if you still actually read this blog, please comment, so I know what I'm starting with. with no more GFC things are gonna have to change.

p.p.s
if you can see all these images - comment, too! trying to figure out why people couldn't see all my pictures. thanks, lovelies.




11 comments:

  1. Ruthanne. You're fellow bosom buddy is alive and well and forever hanging out on your blog! Get it guuuurl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see your pictures! That's too bad about the phone's screen cracking. I've heard of that happening so much--it seems like they should change their design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered what happened to you.
    I see all your pictures and think they are very cool.
    I hope you blog more now and I am rolling my eyes. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reading your blog. :) I can see the pictures as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm here! (FYI, I follow via Bloglovin'.) I am glad to see that you're back and that we can expect more posts from you! Hope your summer is wonderful. (Also, the pictures work fine.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're back! :)

    Sorry to hear about the GI...there are a lot of people in the Diabetes Online Community with Celiac as well, or that have kiddos with it, so if you look up gluten free recipes, don't shy away from the DOC's blogs! They're a great resource for that.

    Waiting for a diagnosis is scary, but there can be relief that follows it, too. I hope it's just sensitivity, however, and not the actual Celiac.

    Congratulations on graduating!! It's so exciting to be done with that part of your life and on to the next adventure!!

    Also: I can see all of your pictures! I LOVE the ones of y'all's little chickadees!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still keep up on your life via this lovely little blog :) miss talking to you lady! So many crazy changes in your life- but so much excitement as well! Looking forward to seeing where you go in these next few months :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still keep up on your life via this lovely little blog :) miss talking to you lady! So many crazy changes in your life- but so much excitement as well! Looking forward to seeing where you go in these next few months :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay glad you are back! I was just thinking the other day, "Hey, Ruthanne hasn't posted in ages." Congratulations on graduation, miss. I am excited to see new posts from you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm still here, Miss Ruthanne. I stop by every few weeks. I was able to see your pics on my ipad2. Looking forward to your grad pics. Your landscapes are GORGEOUS! Nothing comes close here in Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm still here, Miss Ruthanne. I stop by every few weeks. I was able to see your pics on my ipad2. Looking forward to your grad pics. Your landscapes are GORGEOUS! Nothing comes close here in Houston.

    ReplyDelete