1.3.13

slow down, girl.


Yes, that is a picture of a burger. Yes, I have a reason. No, this isn't going to become a frequent habit.

Okay. So do y'all ever get to a place where you're just going all the time? Like, everyday is just another day to rush through to get to the end of?

That's me lately. 

I leave for Texas in a week and I'm just so ready to rush rush rush rush through the next 6/7 days. 

I worked this morning from 10-2, and I went to get lunch after. I started to ask for my burger to go, when I realized, no, stop. You don't have to be anywhere right now. Stop. Breathe. Enjoy your food. Be thankful for the day.

So, I had them make my food "for here", and I waited, watched baseball (I was really annoyed they weren't showing the Giants' game...NY verses Philly. Lame.) and ate my burger. It was nice. It was a good reminder to slow down.

I went for a walk with a friend instead of a run.

I drove 15 mph home in my subdivision instead of 30, when the limit is 25.

It's somewhat ironic that today was like it was, because it's March 1st - this month, I'm going to try and remember to march with a purpose, and take my time. Marching bands are uniform because they take the time to practice and slow down to work out the kinks. 

Happy Firday, friends.

xoxo, Ruthanne

1 comment:

  1. Your newest follower from Instagram! Hey, girl! So glad to be following your beautiful, God-focused life.

    ReplyDelete