4.12.12

the week in review.

Whew. What a week I had. It was kind of cray cray, y'all. Hehe. Ready for an update?


Wednesday

I met my friend at starbucks and caved to a venti pumpkin spice latte. I know. Bad me. My hair cooperated wonderfully. I saw the boy. He blew me a kiss as I drove out of the church parking lot. Melted my heart, per usual.

 I also made 80 crab ravioli from scratch. 

Thursday
It rained all day. All day. I had worship practice.We sang Christmas songs - my favorite. But I was glad to go home and get to bed...only after talking to him for half an hour. hehe.

Friday
was spent shopping for Christmas decor for the church with these two boys and my worship pastor and his wife. They're insane. (like my headband? new hobby - going to give one or two away in a couple weeks - stay tuned!!)

Saturday
was spent at the church decorating with aforementioned decorations. It turned out real spiffy though, so I can't complain about being there all day. And I had a blast with my wonderful "brothers"...hanging lights and ornaments and almost dying and all that jazz. The rain let up for a while...until it got dark.

Sunday
I had worship at 7:30 am. It was pouring, guys. Pouring. I woke up to ten flood warnings on my phone. I was glad we were at 6,000 feet above sea level where our house is because it was bad. Haven't gotten this much rain in a long time. I also wore my lovely new pink coat and polka dot scarf. It was great. On top of all that, I, along with a bunch of my friends, went up to Mavis' after church for brunch and to help her decorate her house for Christmas, since her recent surgery has left her unable to maneuver heavy boxes. 

But not before Rachel and I stopped for starbucks and snapped this super adorable photo.

When I got home from all of the earlier events, the previous owner of my car was there to finish the paperwork. After he was done, I went to fill it up the first time, and I also put my amazing car kit my best friend sent me for my birthday in it. Equipped with princess band-aids and goldfish, I will never be too stuck. 

I then spent the evening decorating our house for Christmas.  Part of our mantel display, and a favorite ornament. 

Monday

I enjoyed a couple hours spent with my sweet friend Rachel. I snapped this picture of her...she probably will text me in a minute to scold me. Deal with it. And then I spent an hour face timing Rebekah. It was supposed to be a quick 15 minute call..but..uh. We don't do quick.

Took the "scenic route" above downtown to the post office to see this pretty view. Don't tell anyone I snapped a pic while driving! Oops.

And today...well. Today is fresh, with no mistakes in it, and I plan to make the most of it. 

(please tell me you caught my Anne of Green Gables quote.)

xoxo, Ruthanne

No comments:

Post a Comment