29.12.12

late night pondering




I sit here tonight, awaiting the parents of a couple kids I babysit to come home and let me return to my house and fall into bed.

I am so tired. And I still have another 30+ hours of babysitting booked over the next week.

Tonight, amidst the chaos that is my life lately, I sit here pondering what is to come. I feel absolutely terrified. I feel run down. I feel doubt. I feel like there is something horrible coming my way and I'm not even close to being prepared for it. I feel as though I'm not ready to move forward. But at the same time, I can't wait to just go and get on with it.

And that is why I feel joy and peace, knowing my Jesus was born into this world of evil and died bearing my sins; to make all of that okay, and to give me the ability to press on, knowing He's got this.

Tonight I feel. Tonight I ache. Tonight I wonder. Tonight I choose to accept His sovereignty. Tonight, and every night, I belong to Him.



1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful and so are you.

    Remember God will never give you something that you can't get through.

    ReplyDelete