3.10.13

camping {sept 2013}

Every year, we try to take a fall camping trip somewhat close by, where we can enjoy the glorious autumn weather of the area. I live in one of the most literal gorgeous places in the entire world..so we try to do our best to remind ourselves of that every now and then.



It was a great weekend full of s'mores, hiking, sleeping (I slept 22 hours in two days - more than I've gotten in a single week in a while) and family time with Papa and Mimi. 

Zoey, our dog, loved being out with the family. Addy spent a good while running the campground loop the first day in her tutu. She also looked really stinkin' cute eating her lollypop in that gorgeous sun. I tried to get Jess to look at me for a picture; that didn't go over well. Laura and Addy posed for me. Rare, I must say. But they're cute, nonetheless. Jake and Addy spent some time in his hammock...he was trying to read and the poor guy was interrupted by the little bear. He's so precious with her, though. He makes her laugh like none of us can - she really truly adores him and I am so thankful (and a tad jealous) of the older brother bond she has with him. The last photo is our view the entire weekend. Yes. That. That is what we saw the whole entire time. I cannot tell you enough how amazed I am by this place I call home. Northern California is home to what I think are some of the most beautiful mountain ranges in this country - simply because they're unexpected. 

And because I didn't take enough pictures with my big girl camera, here are some straight off my phone shots...none of which have been edited. at all. period. 

 {the drive there. i die; every single time. home.}

 {in case you didn't get how truly gorgeous it is. NO EDITING}

 {sorry. not.}

 {adventuring with brother}
 {a 360 degree pano I too using photosynth. amazing.}

 {again; sorry. not.}

 {typical.}



And there you have it...my weekend. Now that it's Thursday and I've procrastinated. Oh well. 

Hope this post finds you well and enjoying gorgeous fall weather wherever you are!

xoxo,
Ruthanne


No comments:

Post a Comment