9.8.12

that time a chipmunk died in my dryer vent.

yes, the title is for real and it's true. a chipmunk died in my dryer vent. ew, right? yeah. thought so. 

anyway. the story of how my mom and I got it out is classic. almost makes up for the fact that a chipmunk DIED in my dryer vent...not really. obviously the poor guy was short a few nuts...(laugh, please, and validate my punny-ness)

so. we go camping for 10 days, right? and it's great and yada yada yada. I left a couple pairs of jeans and some other darks in my dryer - they were dry, but I just didnt' put them away before we left. well, anywhoo. I get back, and go to put them all away...and I'm greeted with the most disgusting smell of my life. Oh my gosh, guys. Like seriously.

I tell my mom..."mom...something died in my dryer vent." and we both don't doubt it. a few days pass, and then yesterday rolls around....we decide I can't avoid my laundry room anymore, because I kind of need it to survive..so we pull my dryer out...and both look at the vent...I pull it off, and whip out my flashlight.."do you think it'll be a chipmunk?" mom shrugs....mom and I squat down on either side of the dryer...and peer into the vent...and then this happens...

"...*squeal* yep...!" 

simultaneously. ugh. a freakin dead chipmunk. literally guys, probably one of the grossest things mom or I have ever had to partake in. yuuuuck.

also, when I came home on saturday, I found a dead mouse under my desk, thanks to my precious, sweet little kitty....meh. my room is officially cuuuuuursed. seriously.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh my gossh. That's so gross! I would totally hate that, too, Ruthanne.
    Uggh, my cat kills things, too. And leaves them all over our driveway. It's very, VERY gross.
    I hope that will be your last dead chipmunk experience! For both your sake and the chipmunks‘! ...Haha.
    God Bless,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best thing I've read all day. How I love you. ;)

    ReplyDelete