8.11.12

murder mystery + vintage

 
so I apologize for the lame photo, but it's all I have for proof of my dressing up as the wife of a 1930's circus owner! My youth group had its annual murder mystery dinner last Saturday and man oh man was it a blast! It was a circus themed event; and I was married to the owner. We didn't get a picture though :( Sad sad. Oh well. Colin didn't want proof of it anyways, I'm sure.
 
Everything, aside from my shoes and sockings was vintag! Ready for the run down?
 
My dress is a vintage 1950's Anne Fogarty original. (I posted about it previously here)
All of my jewelry is authentic 1930's/1940's costume jewelry. You can only see my necklace in the photo, but I was also wearing some gorgeous earrings and a beautiful bracelet.
And then the fur coat is one of my friend's mom's, and she let me borrow it for the evening.
I also had some really pretty hair clips straight out of the 40's, too! Annnnnd....when I did my hair..
 
 
I couldn't help but use my grandma's old set of hot rollers. They work sooo much better than newer sets...and, lets be real. Authenticity is key. Duh.
 
Anyway, that was my saturday night last weekend! I didn't spend a dime on any part of my costume! It feels good to know that my collection of vintage has finally gotten to the point where I have everything I need for events like this! 
 
xoxo, Ruthanne
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I love that dress! It is beautiful and I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely! That looks like it was really fun to get dressed up for, and what a coincidence, I'm going to my first murder mystery dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hair! I'm going to attempt trying victory rolls on Abbie today. O.O We shall see how it goes. Haha.
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete