6.10.12

autumn + a bit of a catch up.


I babysat for 4 and a half hours today. The little girl took a few pictures of me for fun. I posted this on to instagram earlier as my day 6 photo for the FatMumSlim photo-a-day challenge, which is "I'm thankful for...", because sweet kids taking silly pictures is precious.

In other news...

Autumn is here. Officially. The air has changed. The chills have arrived. And the roads are full of pine needles, creating mini-barriers in the middle of the road. 

Sandals are being put away, and scarves are being brought out. 

Us locals are dying to enjoy our beautiful home before winter makes its appearance and the tourists invade each weekend, increasing the population by 50% at times. 

As I sat on the deck of the home where I was babysitting today, I picked up pine-nuts laying on the hard ground and ate them as the kids played....it may sound silly, but there is nothing better than fresh pine-nuts as a quick breeze is blowing through the trees.

Our winters generally show up at the end of October...but they're saying it's going to snow on Monday and/or Tuesday. I'm praying it's not true...I want to enjoy these few weeks of autumn while they're here.

I'm leading worship tomorrow morning at church. Hopefully it goes well, since 3 of my band-members bailed.

And after that, I get to go to one of my favorite places ever to get my senior portraits taken. It's a little pathetic how much I'm stressing about outfits...but I have new cowgirl boots, which makes it a little easier, actually. 

http://distilleryimage0.s3.amazonaws.com/fd153f900d9f11e29fb41231382045bf_7.jpg

Aren't they adorable? Best birthday present ever.

Well. I'm going to try and whip up a disneyland re-cap this week, hopefully. I'm off to eat some dinner and top it off with a pumpkin spice cupcake...enjoy your evening, sweet friends.

1 comment:

  1. pumpkin spice cupcake! mmmm! love the boots - too cute!!

    ReplyDelete