24.5.12

4th of july mantel display.

okay, I have to admit something to you. I love, and I mean love interior design things. 

one of mine and my mama's favorite things to do when the seasons change is our fireplace mantel. oh my. talk about fun stuff. 

we just, like literally half an hour ago, finished our new one! fourth of july inspired! don't you just love it?

I kid you not, almost everything up there, we've had for years. let me break it down.

the shutters were purchased at a thrift store for $2. we used a can of red spray paint we had to paint them.
the "fourth of july greetings" sign was $15 from michaels. (mom's a sucker for those things.)
both candlesticks we have had since I was little - mom never used them. a can of spray paint we had lying around, and voila! cuteness.
the black chalkboard blocks have a cool story. when my mama was little, she and her great grandpa Gilmore set out to create an over sized set of dominoes, which they never finished. when my grandpa Art died, and we were sorting through his things, we found them. mom painted them with chalkboard paint, and now we can write whatever we desire. 
the frame was $1 at a garage sale.
the wreath is something we've had forever.
the blue star used to be pale yellow. a quick coat of paint fixed it up quite nicely :)

honestly, this is one of my favorite mantle setups we've ever had. so cute! what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this display! The shutters are so creative! I'm in love with decorating for the holidays. I'll have to keep this post in mind when I get started!

    ReplyDelete