1.5.12

the monday's on tuesday.


This morning has been rough.



I didn't fall asleep till 2:20ish. I don't know why, but my brain wouldn't shut off.

I woke up late - later than usual, that is. 8:20, to be exact. No good.

I pulled my hair out of the bun it was in to find it was a huge, poofy, yucky mess. I had no time to straighten it, so I wet it and back up in a bun it went.

Getting dressed was frustrating too...my favorite pair of capris ripped on the outer leg seam....

And I was forced to wear a t-shirt because all of my cardis were dirty..

....if you don't know yet, I hate plain t-shirts. I feel so...meh. 

Then it just kept getting worse.

I didn't want to eat cereal for breakfast, so I made eggs.

Big mistake. Eggs make me sick in the morning for some reason.

Some other stuff happened too. I've been being avoided for five days by someone I needed to talk to. And their excuse was "oops."

So then I was mad. and hurt. And wanted to scream, literally.

I took off on a bike ride to get some of the aggression out. Straight down to the very bottom of our subdivision. It was a long bike ride back up. But I needed it.

I came home and sat on the couch for a minute, catching my breath, reading some blogs I've stumbled upon recently.

I kept on finding posts relating to the same thing: forgiveness and getting over the little things, and remembering it's not all about you. 

The whole root of my morning being bad was because I was upset about being avoided and not having my phone calls, texts, and facebook messages returned, when I needed to.

As I sat on the couch, reading, I was reminded it's not always about me. yeah, I need to get my worship team together to practice, but sometimes, people have other, bigger things going on. And sometimes it's your best friend, and you feel you have the right to be upset because they never ignore you, when that's really just not true. 

I have a feeling the rest of the day will continue on like a second monday...somewhat annoying and unpleasant, but I'll get over it. Today is still a blessing, even if I feel cursed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment