25.7.12

I will be glad.

I will be glad // In all situations // My heart may mourn // But my joy belongs to You
I will be glad // In all situations // My flesh may yearn // But my hope remains in You

Lyrics to a new song I'm working on. I'm learning, slowly, that joy is something one must work for - there aren't any steps one can take that lead to joy instantly. Joy is choosing to be content in all situations, knowing you're saved by the grace of God - Jesus Christ. Saved by the One who died on the cross for you and me. The One who was beaten, shamed, had His beard plucked from His face. He was scorned, and scoffed at. Nails pierced His hands and feet. And you know what He said, as He was in pain, and agony, dying the most brutal death for you and me? He said "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34) That's who died for me. That's who died for you. A man, who even in His own horrible suffering, was thinking of you. 

My youth pastor mentioned that verse tonight, reminding us that we are all sinners and have no choice in the matter. The choice we do have though, is to follow Him, the only one who can save us.

No comments:

Post a Comment