23.7.12

Lord, help me.

Right now, my heart is full of all sorts of things.



Anger, sadness, frustration, irritation, and the like. Even after spending the day with one of the most amazing friends God has blessed me with, my heart is hurting, and I don't know why. Not fully, at least.

I'm angry at the man who is responsible for the shooting in Colorado last week. And I'm angry at the people who don't think it's totally on him, and blaming the gun instead. That's like blaming a spoon for being overweight. Guns don't kill people. People with guns kill people. Lord, help me not be angry at the man for what he did. Help me pray for him, and healing within him. Help me not be angry at those who don't blame him, either.

I'm sad for all of the people who were victims of the shooting. How devastated they and their families must be. Lord, comfort all of the victims and their friends and families.

I'm frustrated with my siblings. One cries when he doesn't get his way, another could spit in my face and not care, and the baby is in the "I will rebel and tell you no at all costs" phase, and I'm really not digging it. Lord, help my heart to soften to them - it's not their fault, anymore than it is my fault for being frustrated with them. We're human. I need to get over it.

And I'm irritated that there are more feelings pent up inside of me that I can't seem to shake. I want to scream, and cry, and throw a chair through the window. Lord, help me see the joy in each day, every day.

I miss my best friend, and can't do anything about it, since she's 2000 miles away. Lord, help me not to rely solely on her companionship to be happy. 

I miss participating in summer....I haven't done much of anything since I started working. Lord, help me see that spending time with Miss Makenna and her mommy is my ministry field for right now, and help me find joy in that.

I'm going camping with family on friday for 10 days, and I'm not really too thrilled about it. My papa and mimi aren't able to come, like they normally do, and everyone else is from my dad's side of the family. Two uncles, an aunt, three cousins, two half cousins, grandpa and my whole family. It's going to be interesting. Lord, help me to love them unconditionally, and not keep score of all the times they've "wronged" me. They are your children too.

And Lord, help me to be happy in all situations, finding joy in the day's work.

Here are a few treats for you, in case you're struggling with something similar too.


fb cover photo

iphone/ipod background

printable - will print on 8.5x11 paper

3 comments:

  1. praying for you my dear :) You're incredible- even your prayers of frustration show wisdom and such a deep sense of who you are in Christ. i love you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you. It's so dishearting knowing that a tragedy can happen at the unlikeliest of times. It's so sad learning more & more about the CO shooting. It really makes you think 'That could've happened here'. I take everyday as what they are & make the most of it. I try & not dwell in negative thoughts or feelings because taht will just break my spirit. it's completely normal to have the moments when you are looking for guidance & praying for a better day. We're human. Just know that you do have family & friends to turn to,or even us bloggers! Or in any case, you have HIM. That's what I do. When I feel like I'm the only one who feels a certain way or looks at things differently. Sorry. Not to get all religious or anything. I hope you get better with every passing day :D

    ReplyDelete