20.7.12

new friendship, new beginning, new smiles.


About 2 months ago I started taking walks with a "friend" of mine. We've had difficulties in the past with our relationship being legitimate, and loving. a series of events led the both of us to form incorrect opinions about the other...and they were not good. 

She lives up the street from me, and she mentioned wanting to start walking in the morning with someone. I felt a nudge, and just kind of blurted out "I'd love to!"

Both of us were really, really hesitant, I think. And neither of us knew what to really expect on this first walk.

The walk happened, and a friendship was born. A real friendship.

We talked - about actual things. And then it happened the next day again. We walked and talked for an hour.

Over the next two months the friendship has grown. 

The Lord has blessed us and our friendship. I've found a kindred spirit in someone I never thought I would. 

Almost half of our conversations start off with "I saw this thing on pinterest.."...and the other half have to do with some other wonderful thing. 

The time we've spent dreaming up DIY projects, creating delicious meals in our heads, and just spending girl time together has been amazing.

Have you ever had that happen? The Lord giving you a friendship you never thought you'd have? 

1 comment:

  1. How exciting for the both of you! I could use a good friend like this for walking around and just have a great time!

    ReplyDelete