4.9.12

DIY Sugar Scrubs




Who doesn't love a good, yummy smelling, sugar scrub? I've been playing around lately and decided to share a few recipes with you.

Start out with 1 cup of sugar, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and 1 tablespoon coconut oil. you can use this for the base of any scrub, and add virtually whatever you like to it. essential oils, herbs, spices, flowers, you name it, it probably can be put in it.



for the lemon-mint scrub add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, lemon peel (optional), and a few mint leaves. stir well and pour into jar.

for pumpkin pie scrub, use 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground cloves, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1 teaspoon ginger. increase quantities for a stronger scent. stir well and pour into jar.

for lavender vanilla, use 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon dried lavender, and fresh vanilla bean, if you like. stir well and pour into jar.


and there you have it! I love these so much. The lavender vanilla and pumpkin spice ones are definitely my favorite...the lemon-mint will be better for summer, for sure. But the pumpkin spice for fall? omg. In love.

Happy fall, lovelies!


**linking up to**
   Hope Studios  blueberry craft and hobby time
craft linky party for craft blogs    
homework

5 comments:

  1. dang....those look fab!!!! I must try the pumpkin spice one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try to make it :)

    I would like to let you know about a new Craft Party,

    I would love to see your creations linked up with Crafty Tuesday

    Every week I will choose few tutorials and they will be featured on my blog and my facebook, twitter and pinterest page

    I hope to see you link up

    http://blueberrycraftandhobbytime.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this. I will definitely have to give it a try. :)

    Happy to be your newest GFC follower. If you have a moment and would like to, you can visit me here The Things We Find Inside
    Thanks,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade sugar scrubs are the best, love them. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice little DIY, Ruthanne. I may have to make a few of these for gifts and of course myself.

    ReplyDelete