21.9.11

birthday finds

eeep! so. I know I'm quite late in posting about my birthday trip, but hey, better late than never!

We started out the day with cinnamon rolls and a delicious omelet my daddy made. My parents gave me photoshop and two really gorgeous pieces of vintage inspired jewelry that are super versatile, and I recieved some money from my grandparents as well. Oh yes, and my sister gave me this insanely obnoxious singing cat card. (I will hurt her for it someday...revenge is coming! hahaha...)

Anyway. Then we were off. The first antique store we hit was awesome. but nothing I really wanted. OH! Except for a set of 7 vintage mini-budnt pans. SO CUTE! Then we had lunch. Sushi. Silly me forgot my camera...boo! :( But luckily my mimi had hers on her :) moving on though.

Vintage Pyrex Divided Dish in Perfect Condition

Remember this baby? Well. I was meandering the many aisles of this antique mall. and then I hear my Mimi call me over to where she is. I make my way through the maze of amazing-ness (see what I did there? ha!) and then I saw it. Glorious pyrex jackpot! Okay,well, not really, but it was a baby-baby-baby jackpot, okay? Anyway. I was looking through everything and trying to find a piece I had been wanting. but alas, nothing. until I looked down and SHABAM! there it was. The 1958 fall promotional Barbed Wire 1.5 quart divided casserole dish. And I may or may not have let out a couple little squeals of joy...




I am not ashamed to say that I am quite happy with this purchase. Ahh!

And remember that Blue Horizon Casserole dish I posted a picture of? Well, I didn't find the dish, but I did find the two patterned nesting bowls out of the original alternating set of four, in which the order goes solid/pattern/solid/pattern...I now have to find the two coordinating solid bowls! Yay! more treasure hunting! :)




I didn't buy anything else - there was so much to see! I looked at a lot though. I found a lot of gorgeous things, things that I have no use for now, but someday might try to search for them again. Turning 16 was fun...but it was really just another day for me, spent with my mom and mimi, full of blessings.

I am awaiting pictures from my Mimi though...the disc she gave me isn't working :( but when I have them...so will you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment