30.9.11

the dynamic duo.

Before my house became crowded with all my siblings, there were only two of us. observe.


this is me and my little brother, Jake. We're pretty much best friends. despite the many times we've threatened to throw knives at each other and run around the house chasing each other with my Woody doll...cause man. If you had the original Woody like I did, you know as well as I do how bad those boots hurt...anyway. I'll move away from violence.

Even after our sister was born, (and our brother..and our other sister..) it was still just kinda us, cause she was a baby, ya know? Momma called us "the dynamic duo"...it's stuck ever since.

[L] one month old jake and 2.5 year old me. [R] Jake and I in Canada. I was 7 and he was 4/5

chillin at Mimi's (love my vintage bathing suit/romper? it was legitimately something my Mimi kept from my mom and aunt...epic no?

Visiting my uncle in Idaho

 Front yard bike riding...together...what you don't see is the part after this where he turned around and yelled at me....muahahaha.

this is my "I'm mature" face and Jake's "hey mom! I'm pushing a stroller!!!!!!" face. we played with baby dolls a lot... particularly house.

 ah, ginger kids. 

coloring on the deck...we still have that table. yes. it's pretty amazing.

I saw a little mountain frog the other day while taking pictures (see below) and it reminded me of when my brother and I used to catch these little guys all the time. all the time.


and seeing this frog made me want to blog about my brother. because I love him and we're probably closer to each other than any of our other siblings, but that might be explained by the fact that we were the first two...eh, who knows. 

xoxo,
ruthanne

note: he just came up to me and asked me if I had more farting power than him today. it's safe to say that we  are no longer related. 




1 comment:

  1. What an adorable duo you two are! It's easy to see why your parents wanted more. :)

    I am so sorry about your tragic anniversary this week; I don't know what circumstances led your friend in such a sad direction, but I am sure there were many broken hearts as a result. I hope that your faith is a beacon for those who will wander in the darkness of confusion and bitterness.

    Stay Strong!

    ReplyDelete