26.9.11

monday, string beans

this weekend was positively nauseating. Actually, this past week was positively nauseating. I, a sixteen year old named Ruthanne decided I would be bold and brave and get a booth in a local ladies craft fair. cue: laughter.

yes, indeed, a craft fair, my sixteen year old self, in a craft fair...selling fabric bows. So what do you suppose I did all last week? prepared for said craft fair. It was exhausting, but worth it in the end. I made some money, (yay!) and got to pretend I was 22 all day, for thats what most ladies who stopped by my booth guessed my age to be. silliness, but nonetheless, awesome. so now, what do you suppose I have to do, on this lovely day of beans? school. and some more school. and once I finish that school, I get to do even more school! oh, joy. so, alas, I have nothing much to say today, nothing more than I am really quite ready for to kill a mockingbird to move a little faster...I'm on chapter 8 and just kinda waiting for it to pick up. but I haven't been reading it as consistently as I should, so that's probably why. I shouldn't be hatin' on the book.

and you're probably wondering what's with the "monday, string beans" thing, right? well. see. I have four younger siblings. one of them is almost five. he loves, and I mean loves that book/song. and my other little brother hates string beans. I normally don't mind mondays, like my little brother doesn't mind that song...but today, I'm minding monday very much. it's a string bean monday. a normally lovely day ruined by unnecessary things, and in my brother's opinion, it's string beans. I know, my thesis is warped. 

anywho. 

I will post some pictures of the craft fair soon...until then, hi ho, hi ho, it's off to school I go...

-r

p.s.-
I have a cousin named Attikus. he was named after Atticus from the book, but his parents spelled it with a k. brilliance, I know. and you're jealous, this I know also. and I will proceed to make you even more jealous by telling you that his brother is named Anakin. and you thought my name was different...their names contain a level of awesome that very few people are capable of obtaining...including myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment