5.3.12

my new obsession.


So I've been telling myself that I'm "teaching myself guitar" for almost a year now. Yeah...no....it's more like this. I've had a gorgeous Martin DM Mahogany Dreadnought guitar sitting in my room for a year, and I've been dying to actually have the drive to learn to play it....but haven't had time/energy/willingness to suck etc. I finally decided to move past that though.

And I am so glad I did.

I play piano, as you all know, and have been around music for, well, basically ever. My best friends all possess insane amounts of talent, and it's just my niche, so to speak.....so anyway. back to the whole story...

I'm learning guitar, and I'm so obsessed, it's ridiculous. I almost have callouses on my fingers, and I'm learning chords left and right....and on top of that, mister is ridiculously amazing when it comes to guitar, and has promised to help me. SCORE!

anyway. it's fun. I'm trying to get fast enough with some progressions to play y'all a song....but I don't know which one yet....maybe adele? yeah? I think so. ;)

happy monday, dears!








3 comments:

  1. stick with it lady! guitar is hard and requires a lot of practice, but I have faith in you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, man; I’ve been considering learning the guitar for forever. I really ought to sometime. Maybe this summer. Summer is perfect for learning new things.
    & DUUUUDE, I LOVE THE NEW HEADER. Totally awesome. <3
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you were here to teach me to play Piano. I'm trying to teach myself. I'm teaching myself All This Time by OneRepublic and it's not going too horribly haha

    Good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete