26.6.12

iphone photography: part one [my favorite apps]

cost: $4.99
best use: general editing. I use it to spruce up average photos...with just a few swipes they go from blah to omg. I kid you not. I use this app more than any other photo editing one on my phone - so worth the five bucks. here's an example:



cost: free
use: "mounting" photos before uploading them to instagram. I love to use it for mounting a picture and adding text with the next app...

cost: free
use: for adding text to any photo! it's great. adjust size, color, font, position, thickness of font, etc.

cost: free
use: creating framed multi-image images, like the one below.


cost: $0.99
use: fantastic filters. the picture I posted in this post used the sonoma filter, which is my favorite. other great ones are atlantic beach, socorro, and sanibel. it also is a pretty good basic editor if you don't want to "splurge" on snapseed (though I highly recommend it)

cost: free
uses: this is by far the best, and I mean the best panorama app around. it's not your average panoramic app though. instead of just scanning the area, you stand super still in one spot, and take multiple pictures that it stitches together for you. these images have been taken with photosynth.

this one I used the "auto crop" option - it crops it perfectly for you. this one hasn't been edited at all.

this picture is from alaska, and again, I uesd auto crop. This one has been edited with snapseed, though.

this one gives you a better idea of what the app does - this is a picture that hasn't been auto cropped. so you can see where I stopped taking pictures to stitch together. the one thing you have to be careful about is over exposing some of the pictures, because while the photo matches up, the colors wont, as you see on the left side of this one. 


cost: free
use: truly the most basic of the basic editors I've shown you so far. free and easy.

-------------------------------------

just as promised, here is the first installment of my iphone photography series. I will have more up later this week - some actual in-depth stuff on how I specifically edit my photos. 

I'm off to get the ole' wisdom teeth out now - have a lovely day! :)

1 comment:

  1. I got my wisdom teeth taken out Wednesday, so I hope everything goes okay! I love this blog you have and thanks to you, have now downloaded all those apps.

    Cute post, dear!

    http://haleybrianna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete