9.6.12

life after high school.

you know, it's graduation season.

in fact, my brother graduates 8th grade today. weird.

seniors are leaving high school, college students finishing their degrees...I can't help but sit and wonder, and ask myself the same question many people have asked me for the past 3 years...

what am I going to be? what am I going to do with my life after high school?

can I be perfectly honest with you?

I don't know.

I don't know where I will be in the next five years. I can't even tell you where I'll be in 18 months.

can I be honest with you again?

I'm sick of being asked. sometimes I want to say back "well, did you know what you were doing with your life at age 16?"

but I know that's not what the Lord would have for me. and so I hold my tongue.

recently, while looking for worship schools, I discovered the new life school of worship, located in colorado springs.

I've never really thought about worship school before. to me, it seemed silly. I've already worked under my worship pastor for who knows how many years, and if I'm here for any more amount of time, it's just extra, right? I don't need to go to school.

well.....I've been rethinking that notion, lately.

I want to lead His people to His throne room.

I want to serve Him with everything I have.

when I found the NLSW I was instantly drawn to it. I don't know why. But something about it sparked an immediate interest in me. 

I have another 9 months till I can even think about applying...and for that time, I will be praying, so, so very hard about it. and a few other schools and opportunities. I don't know what the Lord has for me. I can't, and I never will know His full plans. He may reveal bits and pieces to me sometimes, I suppose...but that's the cool thing about it. I know He knows where I'm going, so it'll all be okay.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely pray about anything before you do it...with me it was about following my passion--teaching. I've known that I wanted to become a teacher since I was in Kindergarten, where I was blessed with an awesome teacher. I've continued to be inspired by teachers throughout my life, and knew that I wanted to do the same thing: touch others' lives in that unique way. Just listen to the Lord, and He will direct your path.

    ReplyDelete