11.4.12

grandpa's camera.


a while back I discovered my Grandpa Art's camera sitting in the garage.

I remembered my mother telling me that we had it, but I had never gotten my hands on it...until now. 

there is something so very special about holding something like that.

something that your great grandfather used for decades, to take pictures of his kids.
and their kids.

oh, the feeling one gets when they sit and think of the history.

I got my hands on some film and have been taking some pictures. 

There is something really nerve wracking about not knowing what you take is going to end up looking like.

But it's pretty fun, too.

I can't wait to see the pictures from Easter. Eep! 

What's one of your favorite family heirlooms?


1 comment:

  1. I love things that used to belong to family. Awesome camera!

    I have all this pretty vintage jewelry that my Grandma brought over to our house last thanksgiving and gave to me. It all used to belong to my Great Grandma. And it's seriously (fake) beautiful stuff. I feel like I need to go to party. I should show you pictures of it all sometime :)

    ReplyDelete