10.4.12

top 8 favorite beauty products


thought I would share my favorite beauty products of all time. I'm not a big makeup girl, and I hate spending time (and money, meh!) on it... most of these products are relatively inexpensive (comparatively, I suppose), and work so well.

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|

- why I love it -

cover girl last blast length mascara: 
it's the only decent drugstore mascara I've been able to find that comes in an actual brown. it's the most natural one I've found and i love it. adds just enough without making you look like you're wearing anything.

maybelline mineral power foundation:
I don't wear foundation every day, not even on a weekly basis, so I'm not one to talk, really, but I love the way this stuff feels on my skin (not heavy, at all) and it comes in the perfect shade for me (the lightest one they have, ha!)

l'oreal color riche lipgloss:
the best lipgloss ever. enough color to be dressy, but not too much to wear on a regular basis. my two favorite shades are watermelon crush and raspberry splash.

pur mineral blush:
this is the best blush I've ever owned. my grandma bought it in a pack with foundation and didn't like it, so she gave it to me. a little on the pricey side, about 25 bucks each, but so worth it. I've had mine almost a year now and will probably get another couple months out of it!

eucerin everyday protection 30 SPF face moisturizer:
this is the best face lotion I have ever owned. seriously. it's super moisturizing. has 30 SPF. doesn't clog up your pores with gross chemicals. I have such sensitive and fair skin that I have to have face moisturizer with a good level of SPF in it - the highest (other than this) that I've ever found is about 18-20 - and that just doesn't do me any good! one of the best finds.

sally hansen insta-dri nail polish in "sonic bloom":
favorite nail polish ever. dries in under two minutes. and is a fantastic color. it's perfect for when you're running out the door on the way to work or at home. I own about four different colors and have used the entire bottle of two of those at least once. 

ecotools makeup brushes:
now, because I'm not a beauty queen and don't shop for that stuff generally, I never would have found these if they hadn't been a gift. I got them for christmas about two years ago and they are just the best brushes ever. soft and wonderful and glorious and such high quality. seriously. buy. these. brushes. 

maybelline full'n'soft mascara:
for the days I want a little darker mascara, this is what I use. seriously great. gets each lash evenly and doesn't clump. it's probably the only mascara that I like the waterproof version as much as the regular one, too.

--------

so, there you have it! my top 8 must have beauty products, coming from yours truly, miss not-so-savvy-with-beauty-things! hehe.

hope you all have a lovely day!

xoxo, 
ruthanne

2 comments:

  1. Love some cover girl mascara! And the insta- dry polish...one of my faves:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing!
    Just found your lovely blog, looking forward to reading more :)

    XO
    erin

    sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete