6.10.11

john mayer gushing session.

Today I received the best email ever from my best friend. it was titled "We need iPhones." and the content was this:
 http://johnmayer.shop.musictoday.com/Dept.aspx?cp=235_30609

Now, if you clicked that glorious link, you were taken to a page that had these two babies on it...yes, yes, I know. Amazing. See why we need iPhones? Yes. Indeed.


John Mayer Slider Case for iPhone 4/4sJohn Mayer Metallic Slider Case for iPhone 4/4s

I don't know if I've mentioned yet how much I love John Mayer. Okay, let me re-phrase, I love his music, not his lifestyle, morals, etc. He's kind of a creep actually. Like, a lot. But, shoving that point to the curb, can we all please marvel at how amazing his music is? Especially like every song on Room for Squares, and his live album Where The Light Is...and yeah.

I have some more John Mayer obsessing to do before I let you go. Hold please...

fantastic. just fantastic. 

John Mayer Room For Squares - CD John Mayer - Where the Light Is CD
my two favorite albums, as mentioned above.

cutest creeper alive. [I realize the rest of the world minus my best friend disagrees. this is okay with me.]

John+Mayer in Z100's Jingle Ball 2009 - Show
this picture makes me do two things: hate taylor swift for getting to sing with him, and hate taylor swift for being gorgeous. also, who doesn't agree that it was silly for this chick to get involved with the man? ME NEITHER! we got some fantastic songs from it. [i.e.; dear john and the story of us]

again, fantastic.

let me give you a few more reasons the man is awesome.

1.) He covered Free Fallin' by Tom Petty and made it actually bearable to listen to. 
2.) He played at the CMA awards a couple years ago with Keith Urban and totally killed it. that was also the night Taylor Swift got the inspiration for the story of us on her newest album. 
3.) He and Keith also played Perfectly Lonely together during a session of CMT Crossroads. [yes, GAC and CMT are two of my favorite channels. deal.]
that is probably one of my favorite things of all time.

4.) he is 6'3", the coolest height in the book.
5.) he is a genius with lyrics. I envy his ability to put words together.
6.) he just is and that's that. 

xo, Ruthanne

p.s. it's kind of a tradition with my best friend to always listen to him in the car when it's just she and I. Maybe someday I'll record the awesomeness that goes down in those moments. or not....

No comments:

Post a Comment