21.10.11

six girls in junior high - oh my!

So do you remember that time you were in 6th grade? Or 7th? And do you remember exactly how you acted? Ha, yeah, I do. I was the only girl in my youth group of about 12 kids. The boys were all mean, mostly. And since I didn't want to sit around and be lonely while they all played games, namely flag football, I would join in.

Well, I got pretty good at this game, or so I was told. But here's the thing. I am NOT an athletic person. I am quite fit, and enjoy exercising, but I am not that girl who plays every sport a girl can nor do I enjoy playing sports competitively. Cause I hate losing. But that's another story. Anyway. 

Jesse, my youth pastor, eventually figured out he could "hand off" the ball to me, and I could run for it with little to no damage done to my person nor to our score. So that became his thing. he'd give me this look and I'd run for it. and so the name RuthRan was born. 

Clever, isn't it? Well, it's stuck with me all these years. I'm still RuthRan to most of the leaders at youth group, even though I myself am now a leader...funny stuff. Anyway, all in all, eventually the guys figured out that I am pretty darned tough. They also learned that I am really good at wiggling out of their grasp, and that it's nearly impossible to pull my flags. Yeah..so now they really have no problem tackling me (quite literally) so they can get my flags. Sounds gory, I know. It really isn't. I always get 'em back by running after their sorry guts and pulling their flags time after time after time. MUAHAHAHA!. But like I said, I'm still the "infamous" RuthRan, and I still kick butt when I play, and I still almost die every time. Figures.

Well. That's a glimpse into my junior high years. The point? I'm having six junior high girls over to my house tonight. 

gulp.

Yeah, six...junior high aged girls...screaming and talking about boys.

What have I gotten myself into!?!?!!

I really don't know. I'm gonna just go with this though: we all get served what we dished. Right? right. 

wait...

hahaha.

Anyway. Pray for me? hahaha, I'm kidding..I'll be fine. But it should be interesting...I'll letcha know how it goes? kay? kay.

Also, what are some of your most memorable experiences from junior high? worst embarrassments? Let me know, I'd love to hear! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment