10.2.12

I hate to see you go, but I can't wait to see where it leads.

Two nights ago I found out my dear friend is moving away...

And not just like "two hours away" away, like, "2000 miles away" away. 

So, I wrote out this post, just for him. :) 

---------------------------

I do not cry frequently. I do not enjoy crying, nor do I allow myself to do it often. You know that. But last night, I couldn't take it, and I borderline sobbed for a good hour...that is how much I will miss you.

I will miss your encouraging words and hugs when I'm not in that great of a mood.

I will miss your jokes about how any guy who takes interest in me will have to go through my dad, then you

I will miss geeking out over musical things...like riffs in a song, or a little inflection of a singer's voice...

I will miss spending hours just laughing with you. Filling up our bank of "inside jokes" once again.

I will miss teasing you about being British, and listening in on your conversations with your parents, just to hear your accent.

I will miss it all.

But, I know this...

You are moving away to pursue something greater...you may not have your plan in swing yet...

.....but we both know our God has His plan working right now, as I type this.

And you know what else I know? 

I know you'll miss me too. 

And I know you'll come back. :) 

I don't say that to make myself seem like a great friend, though...I say it because that's just how we are.

In the little under two years I've known you, I feel like it's been our entire lives.

Somehow, I've managed to get to know you better than most. Of course, you know it's because we're superior....

Kidding. 

Kind of.

Actually.....nooooot really....

(readers: that was an inside joke reference. my apologies.)

Anyway, the whole point of this was to tell you, without actually telling you, because I don't think you'll ever read this, unless you google my name weekly, was just to let you know how much I adore you. You've played a huuuuuge role in my life these past two years. Your encouragement, and faith in my musical abilities has been tremendous. Your honesty about what I need to work on has been a blessing. And  your amazing girlfriend whom you introduced me to, has become one of my dearest friends. I

I hate to see you go, but I can't wait to see where it leads. 

p.s.
per usual, your actions have lead to inspiration for another new song. you will be hearing it soon.

love, your little sister.


2 comments:

  1. My best friend and I were the same way when I moved away a little under a year ago. Sadly, he and I barely talk anymore. We grew apart like we said we never would. I miss him crazy crazy amounts sometimes, and other times I kinda forget about him. It's a crazy up and down cycle, and I hope it goes so much better for you! Thank goodness for Skype. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww. this is hard. i've traveled a lot and had to leave so many people behind/been left behind SO many times. it can be so tough! i have friends on every continent and although its tough, i love that they are out in this big world doing their thing. :)

    ReplyDelete