19.2.12

so, basically...i'm gonna get healthy..

So, this post isn't about losing weight...but about getting healthy. See, there is a difference. 

I have soooo many bad habits right now, it's ridiculous. This is basically how my day goes: wake up at 7:30/45, slowly get dressed, eat a carb filled breakfast, do school, but not nearly enough for the time I spend on it, eat a crappy lunch, if I'm lucky, waste my afternoon away..and then my evening...and then don't get to bed until 11 or 12....

This is so sad. SO.

I'm going to start going to bed before 11 every night. I'm aiming for 10:20 - this is huuuuuge for me, too, because I literally have a problem with going to bed early...

I'm going to start easing myself into early rising...which, again, is huge, cause I'm not a big fan of leaving my warm bed. we have a serious connection and I hate breaking it. Seriously. 

I am going to eat more every day. This is basically what I eat in a day: 
a bagel and cream cheese for breakfast (if not that, than nothing)
coffee between then and lunch. on really good days I eat a yogurt.
a couple slices of some sort of meat for lunch, or left overs, if there is anything good.
maybe a piece of fruit, or a handful of pretzels, or something else small for a snack.
dinner...unless it's sunday or wednesday, cause I rarely eat dinner those nights cause I'm gone at church.

Do you see how unhealthy that is for me? I mean sure, I haven't gained any weight but man, guys, I calculated/kept track of my calorie consumption for a few days a couple weeks ago, and I should, for my height, weight, activity level and age, be eating 1750 calories a day. 

Do you know how many I actually eat?

1000 - if I'm lucky I can sometimes break 1200.

But you know what's terrible? I tried eating more - healthy foods, mind you - and I still couldn't get past 1400...my body just doesn't like that much food! So, this week is my challenge to eat a strong breakfast every morning - like eggs (scrambled make me sick, though...so none of those), or oatmeal, or something. To have a good lunch, and a better portion at dinner. Yikes...this may prove to be difficult. These snacks will help though :)

yum

I'm also going to exercise more regularly...again, not to lose weight, but to stay fit....I'm thinkin' five days a week. (Again) I found this on pinterest, and loved it.

Good Ideas

I can do that! It's not that I have a hard time working out, it's that I have issues just doing it and not getting out of a groove!

I am going to get more school done. I AM. I am also going to try and finish my senior year by the end of this year....legitimately. I want to just be done and be able to go to jr. college if that's what I want to do, or work more, or something. I dunno, but it'd be nice to say "i'm doooooone!!!!"

I'm going to keep my room perfect cleaner. Yeah.

I'm going to finish more sewing projects. 

I'm going to spend more time in my bible and studies - it's sad how little of my day I devote to that. I want more time! :)

I want to challenge you to make one change in your routine this week, too! What's it gonna be? :)

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly where I'm at! Except I eat way unhealthier! I hope it goes well for you and I might very well take on this workout plan! It sounds intense!

    ReplyDelete