2.12.11

favorite photo friday: d.c.


This is one of my favorite photographs ever.

In the fall of 2008 my family spent an entire month in Washington D.C., and the surrounding cities/towns. My parents rented a townhouse for two weeks in D.C., and the other two weeks were spent in Williamsburg, Virginia, Gettysburg, PA, and other surrounding towns/cities. Our last week was spent with friends.

This trip was probably one of the most defining moments in my life, so far.

I learned a lot about who I am, who I wanted to be, and what I would have to do to get there. I learned that people will disappoint you in life, and that they can turn their backs on you almost instantly. I learned a lot about what I believe, and what others believe. The list goes on. I learned about my love for music, and my desire to travel the world. 

This photo was taken from the top of the Washington Monument, through one of the windows. I stood at this window for almost the whole time I was up there, just staring at this exact view. When I took the photo, I had no idea it would mean so much to me now, but lo and behold, it does.

DC  is now one of my most favorite cities ever; and each fall since that trip my heart literally aches to be back there.


2 comments:

  1. I love special moments like that captured so unintentionally in a photograph somehow!
    This is really great shot even just as a photograph as well!!

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete