21.12.11

recipe guest post: the letter 4

Hey there everyone! I have another special guest for you this week! :) Jade from The Letter 4 is here to bless you with an amazing (and I do mean ah-maz-ing) cookie recipe that all four of the girls loved while growing up! I have a confession for you....I kind of just really adore these girls. So. Stinking. Much. I mean really. I do. So, without further ado, take it away miss Jade! :)

-------♥-------

Hey there! I am so excited to be here today at Ruthanne with an E!
My name is Jade and I blog over at
We're just 4 sisters who love crafting, cooking, design, photography, and anything and everything that inspires us!
I loved when we were growing up, how my mom would make batches and batches of these addicting cookies and then would lay them nicely in a square tupperware like this...
.. and I would go in to the kitchen and sneak one, and hide out while I ate it, (probably along with everyone else, come on siblings...fess up!)  I would go sneak another, and another, and another...and then I would hear my mom go into the kitchen later and say, "Oh my gosh, where did all the cookies go already?!"  
Well, I don't have to sneak them anymore, but I'm sure when my kids get a little taller, they will.  :)
Love you mom!  I wish we could make, and eat these together.  
PS, I'm partial to the applesauce for this recipe, but if you want to make an awesome pumpkin cookie, use this same recipe but just substitute the applesauce with pumpkin puree.  
Mom's Applesauce Cookies:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
4 cups all purpose flour (OR: 2 cups whole wheat, 2 cups all purpose) 
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
3 eggs
2 cups applesauce or pumpkin puree
2 cups nuts (optional)
2 cups chocolate chips (NOT optional)  haha.
2 cups raisins  (OR do it my way, and omit the raisins and add more choc chips!) 
1)  Combine all dry ingredients.
2)  Cream butter, then beat in sugar.  Add eggs one at a time and beat well.
3)  Add applesauce to butter mixture, stir a bit, then add flour mixture to butter mixture.  Stir together with a spatula by hand.
4)  Add nuts, raisins, and chocolate chips.  Stir in evenly.
5)  Place dough in fridge overnight.
Spoon out rounded tablespoons onto a cookie sheet.
Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes. 
My mom and I like them best when you let them cool completely, when the chocolate chips have had a chance to harden up a little bit.  My hubby likes them hot and the chocolate chips melted.  Whatever way you decide....ENJOY!  
Don't forget to come over to our blog and say hi!
Thanks for having us at your cute blog Ruthanne!

------

Thank you so much Jade! Seriously guys, head on over to their blog...if you don't follow it, do that too, because honestly, they're just so fantastic and inspiring! Like I said earlier.......I have an extreme obsession with them and their blog and yeah :)

Much love, and happy wednesday!

-Ruthanne

p.s. did you enter my giveaway yet? You should! :)

1 comment: