19.12.11

recipe guest post: katie from lovely lady

Hello there friends! It's Monday, and Christmas is in less than a week!!!! can you believe it? I can't!

Today I have my dear friend, Katie from Lovely Lady sharing a wonderfully delicious recipe for Hot Cocoa with you! A while ago Katie commented on my honestly post here about hot coco, saying she had a delicious recipe for the best hot cocoa ever, and I asked her to share it with you! What better way to celebrate Christmas than with Hot Cocoa? I know of nothing!

-----♥-----


Hi everyone!
I was extremely delighted when Ruthanne asked me to do a guest post on this lovely blog of her's and so I of course said yes. While talking with Ruthanne after her "Honestly" post about hot cocoa, she requested that I share this recipe that I mentioned. Now first of all, my family has always been "Swiss Miss" people. We used to never make homemade hot cocoa but after Mom found this recipe we may never go back. Because this is just too darn yummy.
The recipe is from a cookbook that my Mom has called "Grandma's Recipes: Recipes from the 1920's, 30's and 40's. Sounds awesome, right?
So here it is for all you folks to try out!
Cocoa
Ingredients:
1/4 c. cocoa
1/3 c. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 c. water
5 1/2 c. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Recipe: Mix cocoa, sugar and salt in a heavy saucepan. Add water and stir until smooth. Cook 3 minutes. Add milk. Heat thoroughly. Add vanilla and beat with egg beater. Serve hot. Top each serving with marshmallow or a teaspoon of whipped cream.
It should look like this. If it doesn't, well, I think you messed it up.
Sidenote: I would like to add a few little things about what I do when I make it. I don't actually measure the salt. I just sprinkle in a tiny bit and that's it. I also sometimes add a little more vanilla. It's delish. The picture shows 1% milk but I normally use 2% milk. It makes it richer. And I stir everything with a whisk even though it doesn't say that I need to. Also I wouldn't be afraid to add some red & green sprinkles or crushed pieces of candy cane along with your whipped cream. It would be a festive(and yummy) touch for Christmas.
Enjoy!
And there you have it! A new delicious recipe for you to try out and it's perfect for these winter temps.
Thanks so much for having me, Ruthanne!

xoxo
Katie

Thank you so much, Katie! Be sure to head on over to her blog and show her some love today! 

-Ruthanne


No comments:

Post a Comment