25.12.11

a wonderful christmas.


  The past 36 hours have been filled with many happy things. 

We had about 500 people at our first Christmas Eve service at church. That's more than we have on one Sunday with both of our Sunday morning and night services combined. It was a blessing. About 300 came to the second service. 

I sang Mary, Did You Know? and didn't screw it up. I felt God's peace and total comfort while singing it. People told me I touched their hearts with my voice and I knew none of that was my doing. 

We had an awesome Christmas Eve at home too. Momma made manicotti for dinner, along with caesar salad and delicious bread.

The night was concluded like every Christmas eve is. All of the kids sleeping in the same room, but only after watching a Christmas movie. Pure bliss. 

The younger kids woke up at 6. Jake and I pretended like we were asleep till 6:52, when they both dragged us out of bed and to the stairs, where we waited for the next twenty minutes for dad to get out of bed and shuffle to the couch. Papa and Mimi were up too. Jess and Laura were sooo impatient!! Man. The tradition of waiting on the stairs is great but also sort of obnoxious. I'm getting too old for this....

Anyway. The kids finally make their way up the stair and rush into the living room. Addy get's a wooden Melissa and Doug kitchen. Laura gets an American Girl bath/spa set. And Jesse gets a super awesome spy set - complete with briefcase and costume. 

I'm busy enjoying the kiddos, watching them marvel at their new toys. Momma gets up and hands me my present. 

It's a cardboard wine gift box. I'm like "cool, mom." But I already know what it is :) I open it up and pull it out and there it is. My very own brand spanking new iPhone 4s.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't do a little happy dance. 

Or two.....

Anyway. It was the best Christmas present ever. 

Here are some instagrams of the day :)

crab eggs benedict for breakfast :)

my weird brother.

coal bubble gum. :)

osso bucco for dinner :)  

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas everyone! 

Merry Christmas!!!

xoxox, Ruthanne


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an awesome Christmas, Ruthanne! :D
    Love the pics. <33
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I first want to say that I'm excited that I found your blog- there aren't too many other teen bloggers out there.

    Secondly- I love my iPhone so I totally understand your excitement.

    Thirdly- Late merry Christmas to you! Looking forward to following your blog! :)

    --Amanda
    http://anthropomorphity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete