17.11.11

christmas dress & christmas music

So it's getting to be that time of year again..time to start looking for a Christmas eve dress.

I am playing/singing a song this year for both of our Christmas Eve services {I did one last year, too} and as of now I will also be the team doing all of the music for the evening...sooooo...I need to find a dress...that's red...or something....red is great but it could be black or something else too....and I need to find a pattern to make one...or just find fabric and try to whip one up. Who knows. But I want to find one/make one something resembling these ones on ModCloth :)



This is my favorite dress right now...Love it so much.

This is a good, simple, dress that would be really cute with maybe a red cardigan? I love it.

This one is just too stinkin' cute...wouldn't really work though, because with how cold it is, you always need a sweater and that shoulder bow would get it the way :( sad.

Black tights, red heels, black cardigan...cute red headband....would be cute, right?

Frock Brand Dress
This is my second most favorite one...So very bold and perfect.

Here's the main problem, though, with finding/buying/making dresses. Around here, no one ever really dresses up, unless it's prom, a wedding, graduation or a funeral. And even then all of those are fairly casual. As you saw in my Sunday best post, that's basically the norm, usually, for Sunday mornings...so Christmas Eve services are kind of hard to figure out what to wear to, cause you want to look nice if you're going to be on stage, but not *too* nice. So...you see my problem, right?

See, look at this dress! I love it, and I would so be down for wearing it except it's a smidgen too much...sad, isn't it? :(


Which one do you like best? And if not any of these, do you have any other suggestions? It's generally around 20 degrees farenheit on winter evenings here, give or take....well...mostly take..ha! So it makes it even more fun to shop for winter appropriate dresses...joy.

Also...I've been listening to Christmas music since Halloween...and I need some new music, I haven't bought any albums this year, yet...any recommendations?



4 comments:

  1. I say go with your 1st choice or your 2nd fave because those are my favorites too. And about dressing for church, our church is very casual too without much dressing up. But I like to get real classy dolled up for Christmas. Even if not very many other people are. So I say go for it & dress up real glamorous haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first one myself..

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute dresses! If it is cold out I would look for a similar style with sleeves... then you could even do fun patterned tights so you stay nice and cozy!

    xo,
    ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have to say your 2nd favorite it the best, very very festive if that is what you are going for. Their is a giveaway on my blog I think you will love, please pass by to enter.

    -V

    http://stylishlyme.com

    ReplyDelete