27.11.11

a fantastic weekend

I'm currently sitting in our trailer while the gang heads out to pick up our crab pots one last time.

It's been quite a trip, a fun trip, and an enjoyable trip :)

The way crabbing on the coast of California works is like this. The minimum for a "legal" crab is 5 3/4 inches across at it's widest point. The season is soooo good right now, that we kept nothing below 6 1/2....which is seriously messed up, cause my dad threw back soooo many legal crab yesterday, they just weren't as big as he wanted, and we had plenty of time to make sure we got all the big ones we want. Crazy.

Everyone on the boat is allowed 10 crab...so we had to potential to get 60 crab yesterday. But we just kept 40 because we knew we were going back out tomorrow to pull the pots again. :)

Then last night I made some killer crab bisque, if I do say so myself. However, cooking in the kitchen in our trailer is not fun......it's a paiiiiiiin. But oh well. It was a good experience :) here are a few pics from my instagram :)

I hope everyone has had a great weekend! I can't wait to get home and catch up on everyone's lives! :)

2 comments:

  1. so fun. i call an island in the atlantic ocean home and the big business is lobster fishing! so this, in a way, is familiar. sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun and crab bisque sounds amazing right now.

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth
    http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete