29.11.11

the great gatsby movie



Okay, so can we please, pretty pretty please talk about how excited I am for this movie?

I know, I know, "But it's the great gatsby....that book is awful..."

My retaliation? "But it's Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire....hellllllloooooo!" Observe:


Leo is playin Jay Gatsby {thank you Jesus!} and Tobey is playing Nick Carraway...ah. PERFECTION.
But back to the book...I honestly didn't mind it too much! I had to read it at the end of school last year, and it wasn't half bad. But it all depends on the reader, I suppose. The book really sheds a very bright light on that time period and what was/wasn't acceptable...it's startling the things that take place in the novel.

Anyway. 

Here is the IMBD page for it - check it out and tell me what you think! I want to know if anyone else is excited for this!! :) Also - I can't find the trailer anywhere on the web yet...however I've seen some form of a trailer on TV a couple times...if you find one, feel free to shoot me a tweet or email with the link :)




1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for this!!! I just watched one of the old versions the other day. But Leo and Tobey?! I'm SO SO excited.

    ReplyDelete