16.11.11

city streets in watercolor.

I was just catching up on Katie's blog, and I saw this gorgeous picture in one of her posts...

Is it just me, or does it look like some crazy awesome valley at first? With huuuuge cliffs on either side? 

It kinda tripped me at first...cause I saw the yellow cabs....and I was like...wait...but I think it may have been done on purpose....I dunno, it's a pretty picture, none the less.

This painting also reminds me of my many journeys to the east coast in fall. Big cities, rain, puddles, perfection. I'm a mountain girl for sure, and I love my home, but there is nothing like going to the city, for me. Something magical, altogether. My favorite "big city" that I've ever visited is probably either DC or Boston. 


Also...has anyone else had problems in the last few months with following blogs? I've been trying to follow Michelle's blog, Oh, Mishka for a good five or six months, and I just yesterday was able to follow...so weird! And now I can't follow Katie's blog Off Switch, either....so frustrating. Anyway. Happy wednesday! :)

p.s.
Leave me a comment telling me your favorite city and why, if you like! I'd love to know :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I love that picture and you are so right about it looking like cliffs.
    My favorite city has to be DC. It is so clean and pretty. I also like NYC, but I can't spend too much time there without feeling overwhelmed and annoyed with honking taxis.
    I haven't noticed that problem with Blogger, interesting though.

    Check out my blog at:
    http://flyingfarandfree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that I have a favorite big city seeing as I haven't actually been to very many of them. I went to NYC years and years ago but we didn't stay long at all and I can't remember it well. And I've never actually been in Chicago even though it's only about 4 hours away. I really need to get out more haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. Such a LOVELY painting!
    And yes, the following thing has been weird for months! What is up with blogger? Have you ever noticed in the top left hand corner there is a follow button on most blogs? Or if you're on a blog where the follower box isn't showing up just refresh the page and it usually shows up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful painting!! I love chicago.. I have had issues with blogger too on and off lately..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin, I love DC too! My family and I got to spend a month there back in '08; it was such a great trip.

    Katie, I am coming to see you, and we are going to chicago, just you and me. And our imaginary boyfriends...and we'll be awesome in ModCloth dresses and all that jazz....Yep. So happening.

    Courtney and Jodi, I have refreshed the page, and that will help with the button showing up, but it still won't let me follow after I click on the "follow" button and the little window pops up. Soooooo strange!!! I can't figure out why it isn't letting me do things! I've had trouble commenting too. Lame. haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey ruthanne! i see you were able to follow the blog, and i thank you for that! blogger can be a pain sometimes, i always hate when it tries to tell me i'm not following any blogs when in actuality i follow many. i always find clicking the refresh button to be really helpful if things aren't working right.

    in answer to your question, i love san francisco and would like to go back again to explore the art scene there. so many creative people and businesses hail from san fran! :)

    ReplyDelete