18.11.11

confession time...oh dear me.

{Warning: this post may or may not take up ten minutes of your time}

So....I hope that you do not judge me by what I am about to tell you...because it is kind of sad and depressing...

I am going to see the new Twilight movie tomorrow.....

I know. What is wrong with me????

Here's the deal...my best friend LOVES the series. Like...she's not obsessed, but she loves the books and movies so much...And I don't really love it..ha...I tried to read the books, and HATED them..and I hate the fact that the movies are such a big thing, and that everybody likes/loves/worships them...but if I put all that aside, they're not that bad...and the most pathetic part, compared to most television shows and other movies, they're fairly low in inappropriate content...I mean, aside from the whole vampire werewolf thing...for example.

The Notebook. Such a good movie, right? As long as you fast forward through the first awkward scene in their future house where nothing actually happens it's just incredibly awkward...{I said that already, I know..} and then the second scene/scenes when they are both older....Nope, still not a good movie..

Lets be honest. The whole movie is centered around the immorality that the world has deemed O.K. I mean, Noah asks Allie out, they go out, date, break up a million times but then get back together after he or she kisses the other...Really? I personally believe you should date to marry - and that means you have no reason to date in high school, because who gets married in high school?? That's another post though...moving on.

Anyway.

Then she has to leave, and falls in love with another man, gets engaged...but suddenly, there's Noah again, and all those emotions come back...which leads to her being unfaithful to her fiance...ruining her relationship with him, which isn't all that bad, cause it was centered a lot around money, partially from her parents pressuring her to be involved with him for the money...lame. So many problems reside in that short-not-even-close-enough-to-a-full-description blip right there, alone!

Do you see what I mean? It's really sad when a movie placed in the forties is more immoral {for the most part} than a movie placed in the first decade of the 21st century...because you and I both know how screwed up today's world is...Yes, Bella struggles with feelings for both Edward and Jacob, but always knows she loves Edward...right? {I am no twilight expert, I could be getting this all wrong. I just watch the movies..} And they save sex for marriage - something that I can say I haven't seen done in a movie in years. Granted, I don't go to the movies all that often cause they are 45 minutes away, and I don't watch a ton of TV in general, but still.

Look at the shows on TV these days...The Secret Life of the American Teenager? Appalling. The Playboy Club? I have never even considered watching that show, but the previews tell me enough. Terrible. Bones, even, one of my favorite shows ever! Or what about MadMen? That show, I feel, though I love the idea of it, is centered around infidelity. It's terrible. Twilight definitely has it's issues, I know...but compared to other things, it probably won't be that bad...I did read a review done by a Christian site on the movie, and they said there are some inappropriate-for-the-movies scenes, but, it is a different kind of inappropriate because it's done under the blanket of marriage - I have a feeling I'll just put my head under my sweatshirt and tell them to save it for off camera time...gosh.

So I'm going...and I'm a little scared....I didn't go with her to see the other ones...but her and her older sister are "dragging" {not really} me to go with them...I'll letcha know how it goes...

Besides, if I'm going to bash something, I want to know what I'm talking about...that's logical, right? Right.

And I think I just wrote the longest post I've posted on my blog yet...well. I don't blame you if you didn't read the whole thing...

2 comments:

  1. I watch a lot of "bad" movies and tv. I know I know that it's not all that appropriate of me but I do it anyway. I have a movie/tv addiction. I would like to say that movies mainly comedies with lots of foul humor and lots of sex completely disgust me. Those movies make me feel incredibly uncomfortable and I don't wish to ever watch them. I do watch a lot of bad dramas and what not haha. And I did watch The Playboy Club and I would like to say that it wasn't as inappropriate as I expected. I've seen worse in lots of other shows that were not even centered around something such as The Playboy Club. I was kind of amazed. And I have a warning for youm not to be all spoiler up in herem but I've heard that there is a graphic disturbing scene in the Twilight movie where Edward has to chew the baby out of her stomach or whatever. So just a warning to cover your eyes haha.

    And I think that comment was almost just as long as your post lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete