15.11.11

virginia city, nevada, in black and white.

  





 he wouldn't look at me...so I just took the picture and was done with it. kinda funny actually.








 

-------------------------

Okay. Two things. 

One: virginia city isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's used to be a huuuuge silver mining town, and now it's just a touristy dump...and I don't like tourists. So yeah. That matter aside, it's still kinda fun. A few antique stores reside there, which I visited{read: I scoured all of the stores until I found a piece of pyrex I desired and that was reasonably priced, and then I bought it, after cleverly charming the owner to lower the price by three bucks. what can I say, it's a gift...}, and some yummy candy shops. Plus the old time photo places...which is the whole reason we went there. The last time we had old time pictures taken was 6 years ago...before my two youngest siblings were born...so we figured we were due to update them. 'twas fun. you'll see them eventually. 

Secondly: these are some of my most favorite abstract - random - purposeless photos I have ever taken. 

Also. the pictures below are of me and my "baby" brother...he reminds me of the amish, not looking directly at the camera....I guess that makes me from hollywood. figures. lame.

Oh, and, forgive me and my dad's strange expression in the following picture....I told him to smile and that's what he did....and I knew he was going to do that, so I did it too, but anyway. yeah. 

 {my dad and I being...well...my dad and I...... }     

And this picture turned out reallllly cute. My gosh. I have cute siblings. {yes, I am bragging..}

{little sister posing, for ONCE! The heavens opened, angels rejoiced..yada yada yada}

Okay. I'm done now. Really. I swear.

Yep. Totally done. 

Hope you had a great tuesday! :)



3 comments:

  1. love black and white photos - great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, you are seriously talented with a camera! LOVED the photos :)
    And now I know not to stop in Virginia City!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty photos. What kind of camera do you have?

    ReplyDelete