3.1.12

an everything kind of post.


This is an everything kind of post. I like those...just kind of all mushed into one post, a slight bit overwhelming, I suppose, but it gets a lot of things out of the way. With some things I'd never dedicate a whole blog post to. Such as what I'm about to tell you.

Remember those cowboy boots I ordered last week?

They came today. 

And I was so sad when I put them on. 

They just weren't me. At all. They were too high, 2.5 inch heel. I didn't realize how terrible it would look....I'm a short chick, and when I wear that high of a heel on a cowboy boot every.single.day, I think it'd probably look like I was trying too hard. Sigh.

So, lucky for me, with my dad's account I was able to just print out a return label and ship them right back. Oh, the glories of free return shipping....didn't lose one cent of the $134.99 I paid for them. Bam. 

However - the other two things I ordered - the pink flat iron and my (amazing) iphone case - are absolutely perfect! My flat iron is to die for (it's pink, what's not to love?) and so is my case. My best friend saw my case and said it was a pretty color - I said "Isn't it?!" and then proceeded with: "I picked it cause it reminds me of the color they used for vintage pyrex a lot. It's so pretty." And she looks at me, gives me the GREATEST best friend look EVER, and goes, "Really!?! Pyrex? Oh, dear Lordy. Only you, my dear, would associate an iPhone case of THAT color with DISHWARE. VINTAGE dishware, at that. I love you."

Needless to say, it was a fantastic conversation.

Anyway, my hunt for boots is continuing. I'm thinking I just need to take a trip to sheplers or the boot barn 40 minutes away. Which is where we always go grocery shopping - but I hate making my mom go out of her way, cause the day is already exhausting as it is. Meh.

Oh, and here are a few things I'm absolutely in love with right now!

I'm gonna make a dress just like this - fabric pattern and all - to wear when I finally find the perfect cowboy boots. So cute.

Can we please talk about the blue of this dress? And the elegance? My word - gorgeousness!!!

I love this - definitely my favorite color of green. It's so pretty! I wish I had more afternoon teas to go to....oh wait, I don't have any afternoon teas to go to. My bad.

Yellow. Oh my goodness. I must make this one too. One of my new years goals (I think resolutions are silly! more on that later this week) is to make a dress a month. I can do it, right? 

SO so so so so pretty. The blue is just gorgeous. 

We couldn't let this post go without a pink dress...man! So sweet. 

All of these dresses are from ModCloth - I haven't checked any of my other favorite stores/sites lately, I  should get on that. Sorry to overload you with more ModCloth!!

And! And! And! I'm not ignoring the fact that it's a new year - I'm just taking a lot of time writing my posts about it. But, there are a few things that you can expect to be happening on this blog in the coming months. 

For one, I want to start posting videos of my original songs - I have a ton, and I want to share them, since songwriting, singing, and playing the piano are such big parts of my life. I'm thinking once or twice a month. but who knows. 

I want to do more outfit posts - and I'm going to try and get one up once a week. I'm thinking of playing off of one of my previous ones - I titled it  sunday best  - and doing my outfits from every sunday - what do you think?

I've also decided that I want to start my weekday wanderings weekly post up again. I really enjoyed sharing my week in pictures with you! You'll continue to see the honestly series and favorite photo friday, which will probably take turns every other friday. I don't want to lock myself into having a "feature" or "series" post I need to do every. single. day. of the week. That would bee too much, and you'd never hear about what I was actually doing! I also want to add in a "start your month off with" post - to share what I'm loving at the moment - blogs, fashion, music, whatever. 

Anyway, I'm done now. I hope you all are enjoying your new year so far!

xoxo,
Ruthanne

p.s. 
I've discovered two more Ruthann(e)'s in the blogging world! I'm so amazed - I've never in my life met another Ruthann(e) - ever! Go check their blogs and shops out, just cause!

Ruthann's shop - a bit of lovely
And Ruthanne's blog - eclectic whatnot.

cool, huh? -r

1 comment:

  1. SCORE. so excited to hear you sing again dear!


    on another note- i just met my first jordYn this fall. it only took a whole sixteen years :)

    ReplyDelete