23.1.12

weekend recap.

I have been such a terrible blogger this week! Meh! I have no excuses, just think I needed a computer break for a few days...anyway. Just wanted to share my weekend with you!

Friday morning my and my brother's friend Blake called and asked if we wanted to go see Sherlock Holmes with him for his birthday - so we went to a movie with him...this was basically the day:

my brother and another of the boys' friends, chris - hiding from the camera, waiting for the movie, and eating in-n-out after!

I babysat last minute for my favorite family - sadly the kiddos were already in bed, but it was a nice end to a long day of fun, even though I didn't get to play with them much.

saturday was mellow. it snowed :) finally. You have to understand how terrible this winter has been for my area - we normally have a 6-8 month winter - regular storms the entire time - last year even amounted to over 700 inches of snow, some of the most we've had since my mom was a kid. And then this year? Nothing. We went thirty days without a drop of rain/snow - which is on the top 10 list of longest lengths of time without precipitation! Eep! So. it's pretty sweet to have some snow :)


I cuddled with my kitty.


mom made pizza - my favorite of the night was bacon mushroom.

then yesterday came around, and it was the best day I've had in a very long time. 

the day started at 7 am. Got up early to get to church super early with mom. she was on worship team.

read this sign - the sign I've read a million times - and it struck me as awesome this time. LOVE - warning: causes dizziness. 

then I greeted for Pam, gave her a break this week. It was wonderful. I love greeting everyone who walks through the doors with a smile. 

after that, I was summoned to help with sunday school - they had no suitable teachers...so I helped these two boys keep the lil munchikins of the preschool class in order. they argued a lot....man.

and this was my favorite part of the day. my utmost favorite. I spent 6 full hours with two of my most favorite people ever, recording, singing, listening to their talent...it was amazing. We got my vocals for "hallelujah" laid down, and then we did a quickie recording of my new song - which I've changed the name to "all in faith". I can't wait to share the final versions with you - as soon as I get them I'm setting up a FB music page. :) These boys are so talented, and I love them both so, so, so very much. 

Hope your weekend was as wonderful as mine - and that your week proves to be great too.

much love,
ruthanne

No comments:

Post a Comment