29.1.12

words.

musically inspired. lonely. boring.
weird. joyfully enjoying the company of my family.
itching to drive for hours, with no where to go.

Those are all words and phrases that describe my heart and emotions right now. 

musically inspired. I've written three songs in the past week. And I'm just feeling so inspired. 

But I feel lonely, because I feel that that's all I seem to do - school, blog, write music, sew, sleep, and do it again. but I'm sure it doesn't help that I set John Mayer's "Perfectly Lonely" as my ringtone. Anyway, you get the gist - I'm feeling so very lonely.

Which leads into the next two, boring && weird, I feel like because of my hobbies, the people I'm around think I don't think they're cool enough, or that I'm just so boring and lame because I don't do what they like to do. It's a terrible feeling.

but I'm joyfully enjoying the company of my family - as annoying as they all are right now - between my 13 year old brother who is just such a dork you can't take it, and my whiny 5 year old brother and my angsty, emotionally spontaneous, obnoxious 10 year old sister, I'm still thankful that I have them to keep me company while I am so very lonely.

This one is my favorite. itching to drive for hours, with no where to go. Oh, I just want to go. I want to get in a car and drive, listening to country music the whole way - no where to go, no place to be, just driving. I want to stop in a meadow that may be frozen and frosty, and just sit, listening to the stillness. I want to write - something inspirational, something novel. I want to sing, without a care in the world, a song of joy and peace. I want to just drive. Not knowing where I'll end up. 

words.

My momma called me a writer today. I've never really thought of myself as an actual writer, outside of music and songwriting, but I suppose she is right. Over the past 6 months, I've come to view words differently. I've come to see that it can take as many or as few as you want to describe the emotion, location, or person of choice. words are something great and honestly, I am so grateful that we have them. 

2 comments:

  1. You are a writer and continue to perfect it. You are also coming into your own...and not everyone may understand it. Keep doing what you love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way with "lonely." I have the same routine every single day, quite similar to your's. And I just get so sick of it! Some time the only thing to do is drive to nowhere. Break the routine and do something crazy! I believe in you girl!

    ReplyDelete